Thursday 11 February 2010

Brit Nominations

Album of the last 30 years:

Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
Dido - No Angel
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
Duffy - Rockferry
Keane - Hopes & Fears
Oasis - (What’s the Story) Morning Glory?
Phil Collins - No Jacket Required
Sade - Diamond Life
The Verve - Urban Hymns
Travis - The Man Who

DUFFY?? KEANE?? TRAVIS??

I'm sorry. Did my mind play a trick on me or were Queen not actually making albums in the 1980's? When did Hopes & Fears become a better album than The Game or The Works?? And no Radiohead? Or The Smiths? Even Dido got a mention! Am I crazy or is half this list just ideas pitched by a bunch of people who just couldn't be bothered anymore?

Why nominate Travis when you've got Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party and so many more forward-thinking modern bands? Why give the nod to mediocrity? Who are Sade?! There are 5 songs on that list that, in my mind, have a reason to be there. But the others make no sense whatsoever.

And as for the 'Critics' Choice'?

Ellie Goulding
Delphic
Marina and the Diamonds

Congratulations BRITS judges! You've picked the 3 most obvious choices in the world! How about you do your own research and not just pick who the NME tell you to pick? Hmmm? To be honest, I'm not going to watch the Brits. I can't be bothered watching some has-been 'rock-star' hand over a pointless trophy to yet another pointless artist. So I'll pick my favourites and then read about someone else winning the day after:



How Mumford and Sons aren't in here I'll never know.

  • MasterCard British Album
    Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

I couldn't care LESS who wins this. They're all terrible.

BRITs Album of 30 Years

Oasis - (What’s the Story) Morning Glory?



  • International Album
  • Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3

Go look at the other nominations if you wish to feel as depressed as I do about music today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment